2. On-line Test. On line test will have two parts one-
(a) Verbal Ability- one question in 10 minutes compulsory for all
(b) Analytical Ability- 30 questions in 80 minutes (exempted for the topper as per list)
* Use of only scientific calculator is permitted during the test.
* It is required to obtain the minimum defined cut off in each section, to clear the TouchStone Test.
(A)Consistent academic records of a minimum aggregate/average (aggregate of all subjects in all semesters) marks of 60%or above in the first attempt in each of Class 10th, 12th, Equivalent Diploma (if applicable), Graduation (i.e. BE) and Post-Graduation (i.e. MCA, ME & M Tech) examination (if applicable) which includes successful completion of the final year/semester.
(Important: for students to participate in this drive
(i) BE Four Years Course for 12th Pass Students-
admissions in 2011 and must pass out in June 2015
(ii) BE Three Years Course for Diploma Pass Students-
admissions in 2012 and must pass out in June 2015
(b) ME/M Tech Two Years Course
Admission in 2013 and must pass out in June 2015
(c) MCA Three Years Course
Admission in 2012 and must pass out in June 2015
(B) All subjects mentioned on the mark sheets of 10th, 12th, diploma, BE and ME/ M Tech would be taken into consideration for calculating the aggregate marks. For example, best of 5/6 subjects for calculating the aggregate is not acceptable as per the TCS Eligibility Criteria. All subjects mentioned on the mark sheets (including languages, optional subjects etc) would be taken into consideration for calculating obtained/total marks/CGPA
. (C) In cases where a candidate has completed both- 12th and Equivalent Diploma, the cut off percentage of 60% and above is applicable to both the courses i.e. 12th and diploma.
(D) Completion of all courses Class 10th onwards within the stipulated time as specified by your university/Institute and as per the TCSL Selection Guidelines without any extended education. For example, if you have a backlog in the final semester of BE, it is considered as extended education as the stipulated time to complete BE is 4 years. (E) It is mandatory to declare the gaps/arrears/backlogs, if any, during your academic and/or work experience. Break in education should not be due to extended education. Any break in education/work experience should not exceed 24 months and is permissible only for valid reasons. Relevant documentary proof, as applicable, will be checked for gaps in education.
4.First attemptimplies that the candidate should clear the final year/semester examination (10th, 12th, Equivalent Diploma, Graduation and Post-Graduation as applicable) with minimum aggregate (aggregate of all subjects in all semesters) marks of 60% and abovewithin the normal duration of the course itself. For example, if a candidate has secured 58.9 % (aggregate of all subjects) in Standard 12th examination in the first attempt and has taken an improvement exam in the next attempt securing 62%, he/she does not fulfill the TCS eligibility criteria as marks/CGPA obtained during the normal duration of the course only will be considered.
5. Back log. Maximum up to 1 pending backlog/arrear in the highest qualification (i.e. BE/ ME/M Tech) will be permitted at the time of appearing for the TCS Selection process. If selected, no pending backlogs will be permitted at the time of joining TCS. All pending backlogs should be completed within the normal course duration.
6. Registration: All candidates appearing for the TCS recruitment process on campus are required to register on NextStep- the Campus Portal and get their unique campus reference ID (CT Reference ID). CT Reference ID generated by the Students for the Code Vita contest will be valid for the recruitment drive.
Students are advised to note the following: -
(a) Keep all the mark sheets ready before filling the form
(b) Note down the CT Reference ID
(c) Note down the Password
(d) Take the print of the application form
7.Online Application Form: All candidates appearing for the TCS recruitment process have to fill in the Online Application Form on NextStep Portal.